Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Credit Ideas

     Hi Guys and welcome back to my two minute film opening journey! 
   
In the beginning before any film opening there is a variety of shots showing credit for the people who made the piece possible. Without credits people would never be recognized for all the wonders that are produced, edited, filmed, etc. 

Hoosiers 1986 

My first target, Hoosiers 1986 (based on "The Milan Miracle," the story of the 1954 Milan High School basketball team, which won the state championship on a last-second shot by Bobby Plump) begins their film opening scene with their credits as well as theme song. 



After incorporating ideas from my research, my film will start off with different shots showing the sunrise (since later on we will see him waking up from his bed) and other parts of Lucas's (protagonists) room to visually interpret the beginning setting of the film. Although no dialogue is heard the audience gains information through visual contexts/ shots of the first few scenes. 

Westworld 2016

As for the overall font and appearance of the credit pop ups I based my font movement research on a series opening called Westworld ; an exclusive theme park where those who can afford a ticket can live without limits. It's opening credits are shown to be subtle with light texture onto the font. I enjoyed seeing the transitioning from different parts of the screen towards every credit shown. Sometimes the credits were shown in the right side of the screen, sometimes in the center, other times they were shown on the lower third side of the screen.


 Since my opening will start off by displaying a sequence of different shots to portray the setting. In one of those shots there will be a sunrise included, these font textured pop ups complement with the atmosphere of the clips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR creation of Aren't I Lucky

Here is my reflection towards my whole journey from the beginning of researching genres to editing its final touches, my creative critical r...