Sunday, March 6, 2022

Title and Fonts

    Title Creation

Arent I Unlucky. Catchy right? After long nights of searching I have created my own title for what is soon to be my own film opening. 

    The theme to my poem is bad luck and superstition, with this rhetorical question I am able to incorporate meaning and a bit of insight to the actual film. Unlucky symbolizes bad luck and by just viewing the title viewers get a better perspective/ visualization of what the story will be about. Down below are the two main websites that caught my eye. 

 https://www.moviequotes.com/topic/luck/

https://www.inspiringquotes.us/topic/4947-bad-luck

These two websites extract quotes from movies related to bad luck as well as superstition. What is mostly seen are questions, people asking themselves 'why does this happen to me?', " what did I do to deserve this unfairness'. I was able to take some of these ideas and amend them into my own title; Arent I Unlucky.


CREDITS AND FONTS

Dead Island THE MOVIE (2006) 




Dead Island's film opening credit scene has a 'shaky' camera movement implying that there is a person holding the camera behind the screen, therefore, giving it its 'shaky' effect. This is mostly used to portray "unprepared, unrehearsed filming of reality, and can provide a sense of dynamics, immersion, instability or nervousness. " https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/bxcqu5/why_is_the_shaky_camera_effect_so_prevalent_in/




Raging Bull (1980)





Raging bull's opening starts off with one subject in one constant setting the shot and angle of the camera does not change however its credits are constantly moving through the screen but its movement fades in and out. representing how films were recorder back in the 80's. I used this as my example for my film opening since the credits are simultaneously fading in and out of the frame.



For the entrance of my film video I decided to create a logo that would stand out and would represent the bigger picture after showing all credits. After playing around with some of canva's quaint features,  templates and designs I created a mood board.

MOOD BOARD










No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR creation of Aren't I Lucky

Here is my reflection towards my whole journey from the beginning of researching genres to editing its final touches, my creative critical r...