Monday, April 4, 2022

Challenging conventions

How does your product use or challenge conventions?

I could not help but realize hat as I was writing my script for my CCR I realized my research was able to challenge the genre convention of dark comedy and superstition. Not only by mixing both genres onto my product but also crating a unique reflective pattern. Dark comedy is a type of genre that mixes elements of comedy and tragedy. They often have death, war or illness as a central theme. Within the genre industry I also researched on superstition, superstition is mostly categorized as horror and the majority of films are scary, since it is an example of belief in ghosts. However I decided to take a turn of events and make my film translate more to real life situations. This way I challenged media conventions to portray the same idea with a different meaning. 

The questions asked on the creative critical reflection made me realize how far into this project I had gotten. I sat down began writing and it was so unexpected , I worked myself up about this project when in reality all I had to do was enjoy it. However, this does not mean that I did not value every second of it. Our stress sometimes gets in the way of what we do that we do not really get to enjoy what surrounds us and what we learn as we grow. 





This being, I wanted to in a way, preserve this purpose onto my film opening. With a repetitive cycle of Lucas's tire popping, and his expression towards the situation helped translate a stronger meaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR creation of Aren't I Lucky

Here is my reflection towards my whole journey from the beginning of researching genres to editing its final touches, my creative critical r...